Our 8080+ shareholders are meeting during AGM and EGM to:
- Elect the Directors of the Board. The BOD Members will then act on their behalf to protect and develop the Company’s value and assets.
- Validate the financial statements, the auditors’ report and the directors’ report.
- Approve the strategic roadmap prepared by the BOD Members, the Directors’ remuneration, and how to allocate TMH’s resources, especially: the amount to be kept to invest in developing further TMH’s assets, the dividends to be paid by the Company to its shareholders.
Our BOD members have to comply with the requirements of the New Companies Law. The responsibilities of our BOD members are broad and cover the following areas:
- Defining and monitoring the implementation of TMH’s strategy.
- Validating and overseeing the implementation of TMH’s corporate policies.
- Ensuring the compliance of TMH with all the relevant laws and regulation in Myanmar.
- Making sure that TMH has a sufficient control environment in place to monitor and manage its main risks effectively.
- Reviewing the relevance of the Company’s mission and vision.
- Securing the succession of the BOD members by identifying suitable candidates to assume the roles and responsibilities within the Board.
TMH has decided to balance its Board with a mix of executive and non-executive members.
The Board has established three committees:
- The Audit, Compliance and Corporate Governance (ACCG) Committee,
- The Nominating Committee,
- The Remuneration Committee.
The roles and responsibilities of our Board Committees are detailed in our Annual Report