Instead of pursuing any opportunity, we choose to deal with our current resources. Therefore, when we are allocating the resources of our Company, we have to maximize the value which will be created by our investments for our Company, our shareholders, and stakeholders.
For the time being, we are prioritizing two capitals:
- Industrial. We are operating in a sector where the quality of the infrastructure is critical for long-term success. Therefore, TMH is concentrating its resources to build a sound, reliable optical fiber network. We will screen all the projects to select only those which will meet our requirements in term of risks, potential revenues, and positive impacts on Myanmar society.
- Human. Without skilled engineers and talented managers, our company will not be able to leverage its assets. Building skills, encouraging continuous learning are critical for delivering excellent quality services and solutions to our clients, which will ultimately fuel TMH’s revenues and profits.
In a challenging business environment, companies which can operate with fewer resources get a competitive edge. As a result, our Management team is now optimizing the way TMH works to streamline our operations. It will provide two benefits:
- Cost optimization. This will reinforce the profitability of our business. It will ultimately give us more margin to invest and to fuel the future of our Company.
- Better execution. We will be able not only to seize more business opportunities but also to increase our transformation rate. Why? Because we will be then able to execute our work faster, and better.
Our Company relies mostly on its ability to build, maintain and operate tangible assets in the telecommunication sector. TMH believes that its future will rely more on intangible assets: tomorrow value will be probably driven by our capacity to extract value from data. Hence, we are considering two ways to diversify our current business portfolio:
- Designing and offering more services to the people who are ultimately using the network: the end-users. They will be more demanding when they will interact with companies, and government agencies. It will drive the needs for better solutions and services for eCommerce, eGovernance, etc.
- Myanmar next revolution is probably related to the energy sector, where data will play a crucial role to optimize the balance between production and consumption, and to better manage the integration of renewable resources of energy.
TMH will consider any relevant investment in those areas. Our Board of Directors reviews, at least annually, the relevance of these priorities.